Armory Park

Category   Historic Landmarks

Address

222 S 5th Ave
Tucson, AZ 85701

View on Google Maps

Details

#17 of Turquoise Trail Map: During and immediately after the Civil War this area was the camp where soldiers were temporarily housed. In 1873, the camp was moved out of town to its current location on Craycroft Road because the civilian neighbors considered the soldiers’ behavior excessively rowdy. The camp was then renamed Fort Lowell. Four monuments are located in Armory Park honoring those who fought in the Spanish-American War, WWI, WWII, and with the Mormon Battalion in 1846. There are also two plaques, one showing soldiers and their families at Camp Lowell, and one showing the armory building for which the park was named.

Nearby Dining

Nearby Shopping

Nearby Services