COVID-19 Resources for the Downtown Community
Businesses are going above and beyond to ensure a clean and safe environment for all. Support local and continue to be safe!
Rapid Response to the Pandemic
The health and safety of Downtown Tucson is our #1 priority.
Downtown Tucson Partnership (DTP) is taking all health and safety precautions during this time. Our priority is the health and well being of downtown residents, employees, and visitors. As the COVID-19 threat rapidly evolves, it is important that our downtown community is aware of changes pertaining to health and hygiene, along with changes in hours and operation of businesses, performing arts, cultural institutions, public offices, and public transportation. In an effort to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus and minimize the long-term disruption of downtown activities, we encourage members of the community to follow the guidance of health and government officials.
Here are the measures we’re taking to protect our staff and support our community:
- Partner with Pima County to distribute PPE to downtown Business Improvement District merchants.
- Partner with Pima County to provide two new Downtown Grant Programs for downtown Business Improvement District merchants.
- Implemented the DTP Gift Card Incentive Program, generating $308,000 between April 3 and June 12 for over 60 downtown businesses.
- Our maintenance and safety ambassadors continue to be on the streets of downtown 24/7 maintaining a heightened level of sanitation and safety for all while maintaining social distancing. All staff is required to wear masks, gloves and wash & sanitize hands regularly. Ambassadors are using hospital grade disinfectant on all trash receptacles, hand washing stations and high contact touch points throughout the Business Improvement District.
- Initiate the ‘While you were out’ program for downtown businesses and property owners.
- All administrative staff are required to work from home, and we are advising high-risk employees to stay home. Our offices are currently closed to the public.
- We have temporarily suspended programming in Jácome Plaza.
- We have created a COVID-19 resource page on our website with new information daily and quick links to resources.
- We have created a COVID-19 infographic for use by and distribution to downtown businesses. The infographic is also implemented on public signage downtown, including Health & Safety signage for businesses to print and post immediately.
- We are sending frequent updates to our stakeholders. Visit our DTP COVID-19 Email Updates section below for recent mailings.
- We are polling downtown businesses to find out if they are open or closed, if they are providing special offers, gift certificates, online shopping and/or have delivery capabilities. We will promote this information through several new webpages. We are also promoting through our social media ( Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn ) and looking to partner with other local organizations to boost downtown’s reach to locals.
DTP COVID-19 Email Updates:
December 2: Citywide Curfew Begins Friday at 10 P.M. and Small Business Grant Program for Rio Nuevo Businesses
November 19: Desert Nights Downtown Lights, More Outdoor Dining, Downtown Grants Making An Impact and More!
October 30: More Outdoor Dining, Downtown Doggie of the Week, Downtown Testing Site Update and more!
October 23: New Website, Sanitizer Stations, Get Tested Downtown and more!
October 15: FREE Downtown COVID-19 Testing Three Days Per Week!
September 23: DTP Releases FY 19/20 Annual Report
September 18: Merchants Meeting Recap and Downtown Reopening Timeline
September 8: Downtown Gets Ready for You!
August 28: More Great Places for Outdoor Dining, Who’s Open Downtown and More!
August 21: Downtown Tucson is Getting Ready for You!
August 13: UArizona Campus Reentry Update and Pima Ready for You
August 5: Downtown Rebound and Outdoor Café Grants Still Available!
July 2: Pima County Ready for You, Safety Communications Resources, Wear a Mask and DTP Grant Programs
June 25: Deadline is TODAY, June 25 – Order Your PPE Now!
June 22: PPE Order Deadline this Thursday, June 25!
June 19: Face Coverings Now Mandatory, Father’s Day Specials Downtown, Juneteenth and Pima County Partners with DTP
June 18: Attention Businesses: New DTP Grants, Free PPE, and Survey Results
May 29: Take the Community Outreach Survey + Final Round of the DTP Gift Card Incentive Program
May 21: DTP Gift Card Incentive Program – Round 8 Tomorrow at Noon!
May 14: Lunch Hour Round of DTP Gift Card Incentive Program – Tomorrow at Noon!
May 11: Pima County Guidance for Reopening Businesses
May 7: Gift Card Happy Hour Round, State Guidance for Reopening and Mother’s Day Specials
April 30: DTP Releases THIRD Round of Gift Cards with Help from HSL Properties
April 23: Round 5 Goin’ Live TOMORROW, Thanks to our Ambassadors and More
April 21: DTP Releases FOURTH Round of Gift Cards with Help Again from HSL Properties
April 15: DTP Releases THIRD Round of Gift Cards with Help from HSL Properties
April 9: DTP Releases Second Round of Gift Cards
April 7: Support Downtown Tucson Nonprofits, Retailers and Restaurants
April 3: DTP Infuses Cash Into the Downtown Community
March 27: Mayor Romero Announces new City of Tucson Actions to Slow the Spread of COVID-19
March 27: Keeping Your Business Safe and Financially Sound During the COVID-19 Crisis
March 25: COVID-19 Update from Downtown Tucson Partnership
March 20: FREE Takeout Parking Zones Now Available Downtown!
March 19: Food & Business Guide During COVID-19
March 18: Resource Page Now Available
March 18: Get On Our List and Market Your Business
March 17: City Declares Local Emergency
March 13: Stay Safe and Support Downtown Businesses