The Little One
Categories Breakfast / Brunch Deli / Quick Eats Dog Friendly Mexican / Latin Outdoor Seating
151 N Stone Ave
Tucson, AZ 85701
The Cafe Poca Cosa was started in the mid 80’s by Suzanna Davila and her father Luis Davila. The restaurant occupied a miniscule space on Scott Ave. nestled between Broadway Blvd. and Congress Street, next door to what was at the time, the Federal courthouse. Suzanna very quickly moved on to bigger and better things and moved into what was then the Santa Rita Hotel, catty corner to the original location. Her father, Luis Davila continued on in the little space on Scott Ave, dancing with customers and walking them through the kitchen, for several years with his daughters Sandra & Marcela until the building was demolished. Without skipping a beat, Sandra & Marcela moved to their current location at 151 North Stone Ave. Suzanna was also forced to move her restaurant to the current space on Pennington after the Santa Rita Hotel was torn down.
Sandra & Marcela adopted the name “The Little One” to end the confusion of the two restaurants sharing the same name, but make no mistake, the restaurants are still owned by the same Davila Family.
“The Little One” has always prided itself on healthy meals and exceptional service at a reasonable price, and have always been known to give hugs & kisses to customers, thanking them for their continued support. Sandra & Marcela have always given back to those in need by taking in donations from their kind hearted, generous customers and distributing them throughout the community.
Sandra and Suzanna retired during the Covid pandemic but Marcela has continued to stay open and “The Little One” is still the heart beat of downtown Tucson. Marcela continues to work in collaboration with several organizations that help the needy in the Tucson community and the restaurant always collects items for Mexico.
- Bombolé100 N Stone Ave (338 feet SE)
- Ike's Coffee & Tea100 N Stone Ave (430 feet SE)
- Eleven Café33 N Stone Ave (558 feet S)
- Five-To-Oh! Coffee115 N Church Ave (558 feet SW)
- Blue Lotus Artists' Collective15 E Pennington St (454 feet SE)
- The Green Room71 E Pennington St (622 feet SE)
- Re-Threads Thrift66 E Pennington St (675 feet SE)
- Crow's Nest186 N Court Ave (746 feet W)
- Sun Tran Tucson Special Services Transit35 W Alameda St (31 feet W)
- COMMON Workspace149 N Stone Ave (58 feet SW)
- ADA Paratransit Eligibility Office149 N Stone Ave (80 feet SW)
- Arizona Bowl147 N Stone Ave (131 feet S)
- Library Garage45 W Alameda St (151 feet SW)
- Public Works Parking Garage50 W Alameda St (240 feet W)
- Wells Fargo Garage35 E Alameda St (336 feet E)
- Council and Stone Lot10 W Council St (406 feet NW)