Carrillo Elementary School

Category   Historic Landmarks

Address

440 S Main Ave
Tucson, AZ 85701

View on Google Maps

Details

D on Turquoise Trail Map: To the south across Simpson St. stands this red-tile-roofed elementary school. Built in 1930 in the Mission Revival style, it was named for Mexican businessman Leopoldo Carrillo, the developer of Carrillo Gardens, which were located near La Pilita Patio and El Tiradito Shrine. The school is well-known for its traditional Christmas presentation, Las Posadas, a parade of students reenacting the time Mary and Joseph were searching for a place for Mary to give birth to Jesus.

Nearby Dining

Nearby Shopping

Nearby Services