Downtown Tucson Gift Card - Here's What to Know if You're a Downtown Business
The Downtown Tucson Gift Card is a physical gift card that can be redeemed at dozens of downtown establishments. This program ensures that 100% of the gift card funds stay within the downtown economy at your local businesses.
How To Redeem:
It's important that you train your staff on how to accept this gift card when it's presented at your establishment:
- Swipe the card through your point of sale (POS) system as a credit card
- Cards cannot be used for gratuities
- If your POS requires the last 4 digits of a credit card, they can be found on the back of the card
- More info on split tender transactions on the full "How to Accept" card
About the program:
- Downtown Tucson Partnership (DTP) began offering this program in November 2020
- DTP offers this as a FREE program for businesses located within the downtown Business Improvement District boundaries
- DTP absorbs 100% of the costs associated with administering this program and participating businesses receive 100% of the gift card funds at the point of sale
- Customers can only purchase a Downtown Tucson Gift Card online through the DTP's website. All orders are processed and fulfilled by the DTP staff
- This physical gift card requires no special setup or additional equipment for the merchant - swipe the gift card (rather than insert or tap)
- If your business accepts VISA, you can accept this gift card
- All transactions from the Downtown Tucson Gift Card will show up in your end-of-day credit card reconciliations as VISA transactions
- If you have multiple businesses/concepts at your property with separate POS systems, we can sign up each separate business to accept this gift card
- To find out how much your business is redeeming through this program, contact Zach Baker at DTP
- If you have a new POS system, we may need to sign you up again by doing a quick test swipe on your new system. Contact Zach Baker at DTP to sign up again
The more that you promote that your business accepts the Downtown Tucson Gift Card, the more funds you will receive through this program. Click on the button below for promotional graphics your business can use to post on social media, in email newsletters, on websites, and more. Email Zach Baker at DTP if you would like a physical gift card of your own to create promotions or content that is unique to your business/museum.
This Card is issued by Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC.